- NGSS: 4, 5, MS
- España: 4º, 5º Prim.
- Perú: 4º, 6º Prim.
- Colombia: 4º, 5º, 6º, 7º Prim.
- México: 3º, 4º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
The structure of plants and photosynthesis
What distinguishes plants from other living beings? Why are there so many diverse plants? What is photosynthesis? In this unit we will approach the world of plants in order to respond to all of these questions. We will learn about different types of plants and their structure, about how they make their own food and discover how they reproduce. Also, we will understand the importance of these living beings for the balance of ecosystems.
Add to a collection
This unit works with the following...
- Relate the internal and external structure of plants to autotrophic nutrition
- Reflect on the role of photosynthesis in the cycle of matter and energy among organisms
- Explore the realm of plants and how they reproduce
- Experiment with different behaviors of plants
Skills and Competencies:
- Develop scientific skills
- Encourage deductive reasoning and oral expression
- Strengthen collaborative work skills
Play a game and learn how plants make their own food
Test your knowledge
Video in cartoon and text format
Interactive notebook on Plants
Plants form A to Z
Reproduction of flowering plants
Why are plants important?
Find out how plants feed and reproduce
Do you know how to classify the different types of plants?
Experiment and be amazed by the world of plants