- NGSS: 5, MS
- España: 4º Prim.
- Perú: 5º Prim.
- Colombia: 4º, 5º, 6º, 7º Prim.
- México: 5º Prim.
Alineación disponible para USA (NGSS), España, Perú, Colombia y México.
Gravity and Air ResistancePremium
The force that keeps us down to earth
Have you ever wondered why things fall to the ground? Or why we´re stuck to the ground? In this Teaching unit students will use logical reasoning and reflection to learn all about gravity, which is a universal force, what it depends on and what are its effects.
In addition, they will review fundamental concepts from other units to understand gravity.
The proposed activities help develop cognitive, manual and creative skills and encourage the learning-based reasoning and experimentation, which directly involves the student in the acquisition of new knowledge.
Agregar a colección
Led by Elesapiens, this unit ...
- Develops the topic of gravity and its relation to mass and distance between bodies
- Explains the Law of Universal Gravitation and Newton's Third Law in a practical way for better understanding
- Explains how gravity works in the solar system and planetary orbits
- Works with falling bodies and air resistance
- Explains the difference between mass and weight
- Studies the contributions of Galileo, Newton and Einstein to the knowledge on gravity
- Helps strengthen and deepen the knowledge gained in a practical way through different activities on gravity, falling bodies, orbits, launches....
- It transversely relates to content in other teaching units
- Encourages critical thinking by students and improves reasoning skills
- Promotes fellowship and collaboration among all members of the classroom through activities and respectful communication
- Motivates students as they learn in a dynamic and fun way
Contenidos de la unidad
Build a rocket propelled by air and water
Testing your knowledge.
Do you know how to complete the sentences?
Poster on the history of gravity
Interactive notebook about forces and gravity
Infographics about the Law of Universal Gravitation
Video about gravity and falling bodies
Let's experiment with falling bodies