- NGSS: 3, 5, MS
- España: 5º Prim.
- Perú: 3º, 5º, 6º Prim.
- Colombia: 4º, 5º, 6º, 7º Prim.
- México: 3º, 4º, 5º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Characteristics and components of ecosystems
Changes to the natural equilibrium, from prolonged droughts to oil spills, highlight the delicate balance between living things and their environment. This learning unit presents the fascinating world of ecosystems to students. It explains the flow of matter and energy within an ecosystem, the relationships between species that live in the same habitat and the importance of the environmental characteristics of the different types of ecosystems, such as the forest, the ocean and the city.
The suggested activities work students´ cognitive, tactile and creative skills and abilities. The activities are based in reasoning and experimentation which will directly help the student acquire new knowledge.
Add to a collection
This unit works with the following...
- Learning about ecosystems and their components
- Discovery of the relationships between living things and the physical characteristics of their ecosystems
- Understanding the flow of matter and energy through the concept of the food chain
- Reflection about the ecosystems' balance and changes caused by both nature and humans
Skills and Competencies:
- Improvement in reading comprehension, problem solving, and digital competency
- Stimulation of naturalistic and visual-spacial intelligence
Perform research about the main trees of a nearby ecosystem
Test your knowledge
Learn about what affects the different ecosystems
Learn about the unique relationships among living beings within an ecosystem
Interactive notebook on Ecosystems
Ecosystems from A to Z
Do you know what animal and plant adaptations are?
Discover how animals interact within an ecosystem
Learn about the different ecosystems and their characteristics