- NGSS: 3, MS
- España: 4º, 5º Prim.
- Perú: 4º Prim.
- Colombia: 1º, 2º, 3º, 4º, 5º Prim.
- México: 5º, 6º Prim.
Alineación disponible para USA (NGSS), España, Perú, Colombia y México.
Weather and ClimateGratis
Factors that influence the weather and climate
What causes rain, snow, or a hurricane? The weather. In this unit, we will learn about weather and its elements, including how these elements combine to produce atmospheric phenomena. We will also explore the difference between weather and climate, the different climate zones in our planet, and the importance of observing and predicting them both in our daily lives.
The suggested activities work students´ cognitive, tactile and creative skills and abilities. The activities are based in reasoning and experimentation which will directly help the student acquire new knowledge.
Agregar a colección
This unit works with the following:
- Definition of what the atmosphere is and how it functions within Earth's systems
- Understanding of what the weather is and how it differs from the climate
- Development of the principal elements of weather: temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- Relationship between climate factors, such as altitude, proximity to the equator, and proximity to the ocean, to different climate regions around the world
- Comprehension of the importance of weather forecasting and how it is measured
Skills and Competencies:
- Contribution to development of spatial, naturalistic, linguistic, interpersonal and logical-mathematical intelligences
- Increase of reasoning, observational, and analytical skills
- Promotion of teamwork and creativity
Contenidos de la unidad
What are the differences between climate and weather?
Interactive game about climates and climate zones
Research Project about types of clouds
Test your knowledge
Interactive notebook on Weather and Climate
Weather and Climate from A to Z
Learn about the main climates of the Earth
Animated video about weather and climate
Meteorological symbols and climographs