- NGSS: 3, 4, 5, MS
- España: 3º, 4º, 5º Prim.
- Perú: 3º, 4º, 5º Prim.
- Colombia: 4º, 5º Prim.
- México: 4º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
From atmosphere to biosphere
The Earth is composed of systems and layers that interact with each other, fostering life and making our planet what it is today. These systems include the biosphere, the geosphere, the hydrosphere and the atmosphere. Discover their characteristics, how they interact, and learn that our planet was not always as we know it now.
The suggested activities work students´ cognitive, tactile and creative skills and abilities. The activities are based in reasoning and experimentation which will directly help the student acquire new knowledge.
Add to a collection
This unit works with the following...
- Description of the structure and composition of the earth's layers: geosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and atmosphere
- Discovery of the role of earth's systems in the shape, climate, availabiility of natural resources and presence of life on our planet
- Comprehension of how the interactions between all of the systems; (water cycle, rock cycle) diverse processes cause changes to land and landscape
- Reflection on the interaction between humans and earth's processes
Skills and Competencies
- Stimulation of spatial, naturalistic, linguistic, interpersonal and logical-mathematical intelligences
- Development of reasoning, observational, and analytical skills
- Strengthening of teamwork skills and creativity
Who affects who more?
Learn about the processes and agents that shape the landscape
Test your knowledge
Show what you know about natural resources!
Earth's Systems from A to Z
Interactive notebook on earth's systems
Weathering, erosion, transport and sedimentation
Where is the water?
Animated video about the structure of the earth