- NGSS: 4, 5, MS
- España: 4º Prim.
- México: 5º, 6º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Rocks and MineralsFree
How and where are rocks and minerals formed?
Rocks and minerals have been around since before human beings existed. Since the origins of the human race, we have used them in many diverse ways - from construction to jewelry. But where do they come from? How do they form? And what is the difference between a rock and a mineral?
All these questions and much more will be answered in this geology unit. Videos, documents, pictures, and activities (online and offline) help to develop students´ cognitive, manual, and creative skills, which promote learning through reasoning and experimentation.
Add to a collection
This unit works with the following...
- Discovery of the layers of Earth that are involved in the formation of rocks
- Comprehension of the difference between rocks and minerals
- Knowledge about different types of rocks, their characteristics, and the rock cycle
- Introduction to minerals and differentiation of their principal characteristics and uses
- Discovery of the geological processes of weathering, erosion, transport, and deposition
Skills and Competencies:
- Stimulation of spatial, naturalistic, linguistic, interpersonal and logical-mathematical intelligences
- Promotion of reasoning, observational and analytical skills
- Strengthening of teamwork skills and creativity
Experimenting with crystals
Test your knowledge
Is it a rock or a mineral?
Each rock and each process in tis correct place
Interactive notebook on rocks and minerals
Animated video about rocks and minerals
Where do the minerals come from?
Rocks and Minerals from A to Z