- NGSS: 5
- España: 3º, 4º, 5º, 6º Prim.
- Perú: 3º, 5º Prim.
- Colombia: 3º, 4º, 5º, 6º, 7º Prim.
- México: 3º, 4º, 5º, 6º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Matter: Properties and ChangesPremium
The states of matter and its characteristics
What is matter and why does it change? How do we know that something is matter? What are the properties of matter? In this unit we will discover that matter is in everything around us, everything we can see and touch, and in what we cannot see and touch. We will learn about the states of matter and about the difference between physical and chemical changes.
Add to a collection
This unit works with the following...
- Investigate the intensive properties of matter: mass and volume
- Understand the difference between the three states of matter
- Reflect on the types of changes that can occur in matter
- Experiment with different types of matter and compare their characteristics
Skills and Competencies:
- Develop scientific and mathematical skills
- Encourage deductive reasoning and curiosity
Let's organize the objects according to their properties!
Test your knowledge
The video in a cartoon and text format
Interactive notebook on the properties and changes of matter
Matter from A to Z
How to measure mass and volume
Sheet about physical and chemical changes of matter
What is matter and why does it change?
Let's identify matter and its changes of state!
Experimenting with more or less dense substances