- NGSS: 5
- España: 3º, 5º, 6º Prim.
- Perú: 3º, 4º, 6º Prim.
- Colombia: 4º, 5º, 6º, 7º Prim.
- México: 3º, 5º, 6º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Matter: Mixtures and MaterialsFree
Types of matter, mixtures and solutions
What are things made of? Why do some substances dissolve and others don't? Why does heat affect some materials more than others?
In this unit, Elesapiens will join us and discover mixtures and the specific physical properties of matter, such as solubility, conductivity, hardness, magnetism... Through these properties, we will understand the uses and applications of the materials in our daily life.
Add to a collection
This unit allows students to...
- Explore the properties of materials used in their everyday life
- Analyze different types of matter comparing their characteristics
- Experiment with different types of mixtures and separations
Skills and competencies:
- Scientific and math competencies
- Deductive reasoning and analysis
- Collaboration skills and teamwork
What are the things around us made of?
Play and learn about mixtures and methods of separation
Playing with types of materials and their properties
Mixture experiment activity
Diagram featuring the properties of things
The main methods of separating mixtures
Video in cartoon and text format
Interactive workbook on Mixtures and Materials
Matter from A to Z